Contact Us:

E-mail: emeraldaislefarm@gmail.com
Phone: 253-857-2657

Our phone is a land line. It is not in our pocket.

Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Volunteer Petunia

I was struck with awe when I first saw one bloom on a petunia in my driveway.  Yes, IN the driveway, not in a flower bed.  It was mostly white with fragile purple veins.  The photo is what the petunia has grown into.  I have not watered it.  The source of this petunia is a mystery. I did not plant it.  I have had petunias in pots but not this year and never this color and definitely not in the driveway. Of course, nobody drives over it and the weeds are flourishing around it. This tenacious petunia is amazing to me!  This picture was taken in mid August, after one of the hottest summers Port Orchard, Washington has had in recorded history.

No comments:

Post a Comment